Asian Ed's Room Redux
Since I'd done some redecorating and cleaning recently, I decided to take a new set of photos for Otacool. The most noticeable changes include two new display cases, Dollfie Rin, a few new figures, and a reorganized manga shelf. I'd also shifted the location of one DVD rack to make room for the new display cases.
The original photo set (with a few changes already) is here.
A couple more notes:
- I'd made the strategic decisions not to put a TV in this area. I have on in the bedroom and downstairs, so there isn't much need.
- The majority of the computing power in my house is in the computer area, I have 2 PCs there; one is my main, the other is the Windows Home Server. They are named Chikane and Kagami, respectively.
- My cat's name is Sophie (sorry, no cute otaku-esque name for the kitty). She was in the process of bathing herself when I took the shot. It's really hard to find her sitting still where I can take a photo with a long shutter... took a few attempts until she was still for a full second.
- There's a book in my lap in the last picture. It's an artbook for ARIA the Origination.
- The fish tank in the study area is called a BiOrb. They're pretty cool tanks, but a pain to keep clean and maintain.
I also made a virtual photo tour of the area using Photosynth earlier today. Be sure to check it out!
Danny, if multiple entries for Otacool aren't allowed, let me know and I can take one down. I just didn't feel like updating all the photos from the other post... Call me lazy! ^.^
Copied from the other entry:
- Name: Ed
- Age: 27
- How many years you have been an otaku:10
- Nationality: American born Chinese
- Outline of your collection: I started collecting manga, DVDs, and a small number of figures in college about 7 years ago. Since then, I've moved out on my own and my collection has expanded exponentially to include more of everything. Danny has been a heavy influence as of late, with Figmas and Dollfie joining the mix.
- How much your collection cost: Too much to try to count ^.^;; Your fave item: At present, Dollfie Rin. Other favorites are Magical Girl Rin, 1/4 Haruhi Bunnies, and 1/6 ARIA figures.
- Your website address: http://howdoyoufigure.wordpress.com
- Anything else you want to say: Thanks Danny for giving me such a unique opportunity to show off what is normally my own private world!
A shot of the new display cases and desk
Looking at the desk from the lounge area
A look at the lounge from the desk area
Taking a break after shooting lots of photos