[Movie] The Princess and the Pilot
The Princess and The Pilot, or "The recollection of a certain pilot, is an overly beautiful and must watch movie for any aviation enthusiast out there. It fits both male and female genders well. Everything feels balanced, unique, and a breath of fresh air. I have to thank Shrike (feel free to pop in and say hello? Kon!) to thank for indirectly bringing this movie to my attention.
What is it about? Check out the following link because I don't want to butcher anything.
(In-short: A hated pilot escorting a princess across the ocean to reunite with her fiance/Crown Prince.)
Everything about this movie is stunningly beautiful and well made. People been also picking on Fana's VA but I find the voice fitting for her. Might be too innocent at times but it works. Your thoughts?
- Shinden moon raid! Such lovely planes sees proper action within this movie.
- "Yet I still hate you Bestado trash! Even if you are the best pilot here I hate you! Go die in a sewer like a god damn rat like you are!"
*facepalms* - You know you're jealous you silly-minded and uptight Levamme Empire folks. Take a breather and relax!
- Mainland and an Island chain seperated by a lengthy water fall - The Grand Falls.
- Tons and tons of extra details placed into the scenery.
- Fana looks absolutely beautiful in every mood and outfit.
Anybody get any vibs of 08th Gundam, Allision & Lillia, Last Exile and Zipang influences or similarities?
- 08th - Fana's Father looks simialar to Noris, Fana looks like Aina near the second half of the movie, and Charles as Shiro
- Allision & Lillia - For the whole war & vehicle vibe.
- Last Exile - For the airships & innocence during the first half.
- Zipang - For the war vibe and plane combat similarities.
Regardless, it still feels like a nice breath of fresh air.
Hope you guys watch this movie and enjoy it. For those that did, I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.