If you saw my earlier post, then you might saw my broken Drossel. I've actually left Drossel with one pose and just leave it like that for like, eternity because I just don't know how am I going to get some spare joint for that shoulder if it ever break. When it did break, however, I kinda felt relief for some reason.
I've posted this on facebook some time ago, but I'm not going to copy and paste what I said there here. It have to be different :D
What I use here is the MSG P138. I looked around for some possible joints, including the figma spare joints, but I can't think any other joint that seem to fit in with Drossel. And you can always repaint those joints, so it doesn't matter what color it comes. I doubt the figma spare joint can be repainted, so I just stick with these spare joints from Kotobukiya.
This is another reason why I chose this one, specifically the P138. The MSG series have a bunch of joints to choose, even some double joints if you like, but I take this one because the ball section is nearly identical to a figma's joint.
The only problem here is that Drossel's shoulder joint is kinda different, where it's actually some kind of a double joint, but the inner shoulder part does not have the 'stick' piece, so it's just a remaining ball part stuck inside that shoulder. That's what makes me kinda hesitate on fixing Drossel, because I have to drill a hole to that part, which is kinda scary.
And then with all that tools I've shown you earlier, with all that drill bits and stuff, I am then reminded just how hard these PVC figures can be. This is not the first time I drilled a figure to fix it, you see. Revoltech's Gurren Lagann had its drill attached to a piece where the drill can become the infamous 'drill key' to run Lagann, but when I took it out, the stick got broken and it's stuck on the drill for a long while. I wanted to pull it out so I can fix it, but I ended up spending days trying to scrape that broken piece with no result. And then I ended up doing what I'm doing here; taking up the power drill and just get it done with.
And then that's it. It's all fit in just right. Maybe even tighter now because the joint's friction is pretty firm that you won't move it without making any sound.
The drilling was actually a little bit too deep, because the joint's reach is a little bit further than the ball piece on the inner shoulder. But it's mostly fine, so it's all fine. I don't think I'm going to paint it now. It looked kinda cool like that. But if I were to paint it, I think I'm just going to use some Gundam Marker white so I don't have to wait too long for it to dry.
And it's almost barely visible. Though it's still going to be visible if you really look at it. Now I just need to wait for the other shoulder; is it going to last or is it going to break, lol.
I forgot to reverse the right hand for this stance.